Is A Small Business App For You?
Mobile Apps Should be Part of Your Marketing Mix
Apps? Really? Like Clash of Clans?
Perhaps not like Clash of Clans, but yes. With over two billion smartphones in the world today and each iPhone launch causing people to line up for days to get one, no one can deny the pervasive effect smartphones have garnered over the last few years.
And it isn’t going to change soon. With online habits moving increasingly from desktop to tablets and smartphones, more and more people look for and act on local information on their mobile device- whether it is reservations at their favorite restaurant, a ticket to their favorite team, or just what tomorrow’s weather will be. And mobile apps are increasingly how they do this.
Now through May 15th, our app prices have been slashed to as low as $397 for the development and only $97/month! This is a first-year saving of over $500! Click below to get all of the details.
So if you don’t have an app already, do you need one?
Probably, if not definitely. To date, there have been over 50 billion app downloads from the Apple App Store driving over $60 billion in revenue by 2018.
With increasing smartphone use, consumers increasingly are demanding constant access to information and data which can quickly only be delivered by apps. Using a smaller footprint and requiring fewer resources to run, apps quickly and effectively can answer this need. Apps give your customers the service they need!
Why Not Just a Mobile Website?
Though mobile websites are also a key element in a successful marketing plan, an app provides much more:
- Increased flexibility gives small and local businesses a competitive advantage over larger and more entrenched competitors.
- Connect with your customers anytime from anywhere, even if your brick and mortar location is closed.
- Apps improve internal effectiveness by letting them communicate, check inventory and other key functions.
- Apps are quicker than mobile websites in entering data, taking orders, and other simple tasks. The simpler placing an order is, the higher your sales will go!
- Apps are convenient. With consumers pressed for time, increasingly the fastest and easiest option wins out and becomes a brand standard.
- Apps are increasingly becoming accepted as a requirement for businesses of all sizes. Organizations without them may run the risk of being perceived as less responsive to consumer needs.
But Mobile Apps are Expensive, Aren’t They?
Yes, they can be- especially for the novice. At JVI Mobile we give you two options to create your own App. We empower you to create, edit, and manage your own apps for a variety of platforms including iPhone and Android through our own system.
But if you’d like a completely turnkey solution we have a special offer for Spring 2017. After consulting with you for your specific needs, we will build your App for you for $397 with monthly maintenance or only $97 (some restrictions apply). This deal won’t last long so contact us today!
At JVI Mobile, we are passionate about creating and growing awesome social relationships. Tell us how we can help grow or create your mobile app and grow your business!
5 Helpful Tips For Engaging your Mobile App Users
How mobile app development must include engagement, push notifications
According to an Entrepreneur.com article today…
“Mobile now leads the world of marketing and apps are quickly becoming one of the most popular methods for reaching customers on the go. According to eMarketer, app downloads will double over the course of the next four years. Based on these numbers, it is little wonder that so many businesses are rushing to develop and offer their own app. via: An App That Engages Customers Is Not Automatically an App That Makes Money“
The article goes on to say how businesses are struggling to make money with their free app, but definitely see the value of using it to engage their customers.
Does it matter to you if you have an app that generates millions? Are you in the app building business? Or are you a small business owner looking for the tools and platforms you need to drive customers through the door and keep them coming back?
We tell all of our clients that when sending out a push message, text blast, email, or post(more on that later in the series), that it isn’t about a rush of traffic beating down their door. It might happen if the offer is dynamic, unique and really special. However, chances are it won’t, and that is perfectly fine.
Today, I also read some misconceptions about mobile app marketing that you also should know. This article came out on Forbes and shared a very key point, and I might add that the word “engagement” was used 6 times in the article.
It is significantly less expensive to re-engage a current app user than it is to acquire a new one, and providing users with a reason or even a reminder to come back is essential for long-term growth. Website retargeting is a multibillion-dollar industry, and you can quickly and easily retarget app users by using your app data. Mobile app engagement ads, push notifications and email are a few of the tactics you can use to ensure your user base remains engaged. via: 5 Misconceptions About Mobile App Marketing That Can Stunt Valuable User Growth
The key to success with a mobile app is not about how many people are going to be opening their wallets while your app is open. It is about how many people remember you when they are able to open their wallets.
In conclusion, here are some tips when it comes to your mobile app.
- Hire a professional. But don’t spend more than $2000 up front. Don’t go at it alone. There are so many hidden nuances to navigate once the app is done, developer licenses to acquire($100/year for Apple, $25 one time to Google), new images and screen shots to take. It can become tedious and timme consuming to an amateur who already has a million other day to day issues to worry about in the business.
- Integrate every Social Media channel. If you don’t put your social profiles, web site, review sites and all other web resources in the app you are missing out on leading people to multiple areas of, you guessed it… Engagement!
- Send regular push messages. If it really is all about engagement, and touches, and reminders, then the best thing to do is send 4-5 push messages each and every month letting people know your specials, exclusive discounts, weather related information, or anything else you can come up with. If you need more ideas, stay tuned. We will present you with an exhaustive list in a future post.
- Build in a reward program. Frequent buyer deals, repeat rewards, whatever you call it. Make a virtual keytag or “buy four get the fifth free” offer and make sure it is prominently displayed!
- Contact Us. Thought it was a sales pitch to call JVI Mobile? Not. Really, put a form in your app to have the user contact you with customer service, questions, complaints, praise, whatever it may be. There is no doubt you need it. After all, you might have comment cards, forms on your web site, customer service departments, you get the idea. Make sure it is in your app.
Well, that’s all for now. Remember, engagement will lead you to not only more customers, but better word of mouth, more visits, and yes, more wallets open inside your establishment.
World of Sports Family Fun Center is a landmark attraction in South Boston Virginia for over 40 years! Our 85,000 sqft center hosts a World Class Bowling center with Pro Shop. Next to that, there is a modern arcade with the top games on the planet. Adjacent to that, we have a brand new for 2015 Lazer Tag Arena, with full scoring and competitions.
In addition to the games, World of Sports offers 2 full size cinema screen theater sowing the latest blockbuster Hollywood hits.
On the other side of the facility is our indoor roller skating rink, with all of the lights and audio that makes skating fun.
In the center of it all is Spare Times Grill and Bar. Fun for the whole family. Now, this isn’t your typical bowling alley fare. Spare Times offers delicious american lunch a dinner specials like prime rib and filet mignon, or comfort foods like buffalo wings with many sauce flavors. We also host live entertainment and sometimes bigger concerts.
Did I mention this is all under one roof?
JVI Mobile, JVI Social and SMS Campaigns are the three services we are providing for World of Sports. To join their Text Message Marketing list, you can send the Keyword WOSSTG to 41242.