Small business owners are busy people. You’re running your own company, and you’re also a jack of all trades for the employees that do not have a specific skill set. Your time is valuable, and we know how difficult it can be to find the time to market your small business, or develop small business marketing strategies. That’s where JVI Mobile Marketing comes in!
We provide professional marketing services for small businesses of all shapes and sizes. From social media management to traditional advertising, our team has experience with every industry under the sun. We work with clients from coast-to-coast who need help to get their message out in front of their target audience. When it comes to smaller companies promoting their business, it can help to understand where you can compete with the “big guys”.
Small Business Marketing Strategies #1 – Paid Ads
No one has a traffic problem. As long as you are willing to pay for the traffic. Facebook and Google are two of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to get your marketing message out. These networks have a lot of features that small businesses need for their campaigns.
In order to run a paid campaign, you need a combination of 3 elements:
Target Audience – Be crystal clear on whom you want to get in front of with your message.
– Make sure to include their demographic, age group, and location.
– You can also target by interest or behavior with Facebook Ads Manager Predefined Audiences, Custom Audiences from your email list on Gmail or Google Analytics data in Adwords.
Landing Page (Destination) – This is where you want the person to go when they click on your ad.
It can be a website, Facebook page or another type of social media site.
– Choose the landing page wisely because it will have an impact on conversion rates and your return on investment for the campaign.
There are several great landing page builders out there. Some of the ones we use are:
## Offer – What valuable chunk of content can you offer in exchange for the user’s contact information?
This is called a lead magnet. Some great examples of lead magnets are :
– an e-book
– a free trial of your SaaS product with no credit card required and full cancellation rights
– video training course on how to use the software or service you offer in exchange for their contact information. This is also called “content marketing” or “inbound marketing”. It’s all about providing valuable content that educates people, so they will reach out to you when they need help.
Small Business Marketing Strategies #2 – Business Reviews
Write a paragraph about the importance of getting your customers to leave a review or feedback for your business and making it public on Google.
Business reviews are crucial for small businesses. Reviews have the power to make or break your reputation, which is why you need to make sure that they’re good ones! The best part about hosting a review system on Google is that it’s so easy and accessible. It’s as simple as opening up the Maps app on any internet-connected device in order to leave your feedback of a local business – and then sharing with all your social media followers at once.
There are also plenty of websites out there where customers can read others’ reviews before deciding who to buy from – these sites include Yelp, TripAdvisor, Glassdoor and Angie’s List just to name a few! Nowadays even big banks like Wells Fargo will ask their clients for reviews. We feel that reputation management is a cornerstone small business marketing strategy!
There are also software solutions that can help you collect reviews from your customers, share them with Google, and build up a library of feedback you can use on your website.
In all transparency, we built our own software to accomplish this for you. For more information, check out our brand new SaaS (Software as a Service) called Local 5 Stars. www.local5stars.com
Small Business Marketing Strategies #3 – Live (and recorded) Video
Video marketing is more important than ever. Take a look at the Facebook Live feeds of brands like Red Bull, GoPro, and other companies to see what we mean.
Here are some ways you can get in on the trend:
– Create Newsletters with Videos
– Shoot Short Video Ads for Your Website or Social Media Pages
– Host a Webinar
– Be Creative! People love original content that they’ve never seen before!
Use video to solve you audiences problems. Don’t talk all about your products and services. Instead, show people how your services can solve their issue and speak to them.
– Host your videos on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and other platforms that will help them rank high in search engines like Google.
Don’t forget about newsletters! Use videos for an installment series where they get notified every time the next one is released. And don’t forget to use calls to action at the end telling people how they can contact you if they have any further questions. It’s important not only to show information but also give viewers a way to interact with it as well.
In conclusion, there are a ton of small business marketing strategies out there. Use what you are comfortable with. This is not anywhere near a complete list.
For more tips and strategies to market your small business, follow our sister website, HowTo.Agency.